Because I am twisted, over the next 5 days I am going to post the 5 lowest viewed blogs from my 2012 blogs. (I'm throwing out the YouTubes and the NFL stuff, but all the usual parentheses posts are here.) Chances are there’s at least a few you never saw the first time around. Some for the first time WITH pictures!
Originally Posted 1/20/2012
So, today is my birthday.
Bring on the mockery.
Yes, as part of the modern stone age family, I had a pet dinosaur. (Gino, he was an Italian Pepperonasaraus)
Yes, I was cold before I figured out fire.
Even back then, I thought the Mayans were pretentious to pick an end of the world date.
I don't plan to live forever, I've seen how that worked out for Michael Jackson, so if my math is correct, I'm on the other side of life and it feels exceedingly weird actually writing that. I have begun craving Geritol, but still can't eat brussel sprouts.
46 is like 19. (only older) It's not that noteworthy. It's not epic. It's no turning point.
Like then, I'm modifying my license to make myself older, this time for the AARP card and 30% senior discount on coffee at IHop. (Steve Jobs favorite restaurant)
Yesterday, I fell and couldn't get up. I needed the life alert button but instead I lay there reaching for the phone that was just out of my reach. I knew I should have ordered the Rascal scooter.
Things I remember fondly:
- "A penny for your thoughts, a nickel for a kiss, and a dime if you tell me that you love me." - Penny is the girl on Big Bang Theory and she appears to kiss a lot of people, but otherwise pennies are an annoyance that people are actually throwing in the trash. You can get anyone's two cents for much less than that and believe me it is often worth less. This is an old saying and I imagine my grandchildren will eventually ask what a penny was.
- my hair - I don't really miss it that much since I shaved it all off. It takes my barber a long ime to cut that special "skin yamulka" into my hair along with the high widows peak.
- Saturday morning cartoons - oh, sure, they're still on and my kids still watch them, but they aren't the same. For those of us who grew up prior to cable and the cartoon network, where there is always some cartoon on, Saturday morning was the time when the parents slept in and we got to watch some zany kid madness.
- Hip Hop you could understand..nuff said.
- two steps - at least that's hopefully the only steps I've lost. Being one of the fastest kids on the block and having only lost 4 foot races in my life (Bill S, Mike A, Mike S, Rob F) I would love to have those legs back for a few days and the lungs to make them go a long way.
Immaturity stays the same.
All Time Most Read
Frankly, I never thought it would happen. I've heard and seen it occurring with other blogs. I'm quite sure The Bloggess can attri...
The Simple Dude is on a much needed vacation this week and has asked your humble WilyGuy to guest post in his absence on his blog. Catch ...
From the people who brought you Man Card Rules comes the new Smack Talk Rules! Tell me what these pictures have to do with Smack Talk? If y...
Most of us know what a "man card" is, but for those that do not, the premise is simple. At a point in a boy's life when he bec...
Not sure if you've seen this list. I'm not ready to lend it credence just yet. It is quite an eclectic collection of foods. The...
I recently had a conversation with my therapist who told me that he'd never been drunk. He's not a teetotaler or under age. He'...
It's almost that time of the year... No, not the Yule log and hanging stockings and lights on trees, it's after that. I'm ce...
A great new blogger I found, (which is to say my discovery (which is not to say I "discovered" her in some "I'm ready for...
Did I mention that my Shaggy is precioussss? Yes, I'm living with my very own Gollum / Smeagol at my house. He is pretty dead on w...
"I'd rather be right than popular." Somewhat the words of George W. Bush. "I'd rather be alone for the right reaso...