I know! You want to shake my hand, it's ok to admit it.
No really, I picked up 6 screws with matching washers and nuts just the other day at the local Ace Hardware. (insert screw loose, washed up, or completely nuts quips here)
Someone out there thinks I am funny! Michael D'Agostino who is certifiably funny (Australia has a license for stand-up comedians, no...not really) thinks I make the mundane into the funny. Over at his blog michaeldagostino.blogspot.com he makes laughter happen as well. He's a comedic brother-from-another-mother with Rusty of Swinging Like a Rusty Gate, of whom I have previously raved. I can't imagine what a session of comedy plotting is like between those two, but I am sure that Depends are required because the two quick wits together (umm, that was WITS) is bound to be hysterical.
But this is about me and my blog, so back to my award. I'm sure that this had been man-ified, because it's previous iteration was all colorful. I am including that image at the bottom, in case anyone wants to see it in its former pink glory.
So other than generally being awesome what did I do to win this prestigious award? Did you not see that I am both funny AND awesome? What else is there?
Now, there are rules... I can't help that. (Seemingly ever-changing rules as it was just the 10 facts and 6 benefactors)
Give back the love to he or she who bestowed said award. In case you missed it, michaeldagostino.blogspot.com is from whence it came. Answer 7 questions and give 10 random interesting facts about yourself. Pay it forward to seven equally deserving blogs.
1. What is your favourite song?
For the love of all that is good...who put a U in favorite? Same people who have a twisted sense of humoUr and probably go to the theatRE? Anyway, I'm a lover of different kinds of music. I think if you ask me this question, you'd get a different answer each day. I like to sing Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, so let's go with that until tomorrow.
2. What is your favourite dessert?
Mohave... but it was close. OH! Two s's makes it the food. Pecan Pie with whipped cream.
3. What do you do when you're upset?
There are so many "upsets" that a person can be. I typically fight hard not to puke with an upset stomach. When I am sad, I talk to my wife. When I am mad, I vent to the nearest person that isn't making me mad. I use the word "seriously" and "really" in their question formats...A.LOT....seriously.
4. Which is your favourite pet?
My cats are great except when it comes to catching a frisbee. Then the goldfish wins. Actually I don't have a Goldfish.
5. White bread or whole meal?
I've never been to prison where I only got bread and water, so I'd say I would have to opt on eating a whole meal over a piece of bread any day. Now, if this is a nutty European way of saying Whole Wheat, then this white bread likes some white bread.
6. What's your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is not that I am inadequate. My biggest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure. (yeah you can look up the rest by author Marianne Williamson... Very moving)
7. What's your attitude most of the time?
Upright to semi-upright. I get 6-8 hours of sleep when I am reclined.
See the boredom I created here. I'm funny, just not that randomly interesting...at least not to myself.
1. I was uncredited on the movie Broadcast News. Well, my shoulder was.
2. I can touch my nose with my tongue (because it is too gross to say I can pick my nose with my tongue, aren't you glad I held back?)
3. I like rock climbing but only inside.
4. I have been out of the country, but I've never had a passport.
Seven Brides for Seven Samurai, Seven days until Sunday (otherwise known as the 7 suckers that have to find 7 more...)
1. Lainey from Lainey's Life Lessons is the spinner of wonderful and colorful tales.
2. Zannah over at Write, Rinse, Repeat is epically funny and it shows in her writing.
3. YFP writes The Young Female Professional and her stories harken me back to my own post college days in the brave new employment world.
4. Carrie over at Adventures in Mommyhood is a riot, just don't get her started about Red Solo Cup unless you want a real riot.
5. If you aren't reading Pickleope, you should be...go on...we'll wait.
6. (Insert Your Name Here) it's not that I don't have 2 more shout outs, I'm just tired and want everyone to get in on the love.
7. (Insert Your Name Here) it's not that I don't have 2 more shout outs, I'm just tired and want everyone to get in on the love.
|Use this one if you like!|