Perhaps you've seen this phenomenon?
I'm going to try really hard to make this not sound like Andy Rooney's "ever wonder why?"
So, you pull into the shopping center. Your list has you picking up some prescriptions, grabbing your shirts at the dry cleaner, and looking for a new Pinot at the liquor store. You choose a parking spot that allows you to make a nice walking loop and places you outside the local pizza joint. As you exit your car, you look over and see a person sitting in the next car...eating pizza.
Now, I'm already mentally excusing this behavior, but Mrs. Mynd is not able to simply let it go. And now, neither am I.
What is their deal? With the advent of WiFi in nearly every eatery and coffee joint, why wouldn't you eat in the eatery? Isn't that why they call it an "eatery?" So we have some theories that we need your help to determine which option is the most likely.
1. They are working. In today's fast paced world, you don't have time to sit around, right? Food on the go is the norm. Well, since there was no drive-thru at the pizza place, umm they went in. So why not eat IN the pizza place. They have seating. And bathrooms.
2. How about... they are working? Gotta eat something on the way from client number one to client number two. We certainly understand the fast paced world where nothing stops in the (insert here whatever it is that you do) world... yeah. Did I mention you're sitting in a parking lot? You're not on your way to the next client. The only thing you're making you're way to is your next slice of za.
3. Clearly, they are on a stakeout. I imagine that they are watching dangerous criminal types who are up to nefarious plans... Plans which involve picking up dry cleaning? Blending in to the background by eating pizza in their car, they are obviously able to escape the notice of all but Mrs. Mynd. They are so good at this that you don't see the binoculars, the camera with high powered lens, the listening gear, and of course the tranquilizer dart gun. Except for the obviously smudgy out of shape body sitting like an iceberg with most of its mass below the surface of the car window, this is a plausible explanation.
4. Their car is worth more than their house and they are entertaining guests. With most of their liquidity of asset tied up in the 5 wheeled abode, pizza may be all they can afford...but their "entertainment system" is totally slammin. I know this seems implausible to many who consider it sacrilege to eat in the car and risk any kind of sauce on the upholstery.
5. Obviously they are on a diet. They are sneaking the pizza to avoid the tofuti that their spouse is force feeding them at home. They can arrive home well fed and proclaim how great the diet is going and that they can simply skip dinner in order to shed a few more pounds, and when I say a few more I mean none. By eating in the car, they can avoid interacting with anyone they may know, it's the fat guy's adult book store.
6. Lastly, Mrs. Mynd feels they are doing what she does...keeping it all to herself. Why bring home something yummy that the kids are just going to bug her about to no end, then leave the wrappers and napkins and crumbs on some inappropriate table or couch, which in turn begs the dogs to move in to thoroughly bathe the couch in doggy tongue love. This is unless there is mint of any kind involved whereby the cats move in for a good roll around to bathe themselves in the minty goodness. (sometimes followed by the doggy tongue bath, which nobody wants)... Hey! Wait a minute!
I don't know, Mrs. Mynd has an eye for the odd, which does explain a lot.
So has this phenomenon caught your eye?
Have you participated?
(it's ok, we'll blame peer pressure!)
All Time Most Read
Frankly, I never thought it would happen. I've heard and seen it occurring with other blogs. I'm quite sure The Bloggess can attri...
The Simple Dude is on a much needed vacation this week and has asked your humble WilyGuy to guest post in his absence on his blog. Catch ...
Not sure if you've seen this list. I'm not ready to lend it credence just yet. It is quite an eclectic collection of foods. The...
From the people who brought you Man Card Rules comes the new Smack Talk Rules! Tell me what these pictures have to do with Smack Talk? If y...
Most of us know what a "man card" is, but for those that do not, the premise is simple. At a point in a boy's life when he bec...
I recently had a conversation with my therapist who told me that he'd never been drunk. He's not a teetotaler or under age. He'...
It's almost that time of the year... No, not the Yule log and hanging stockings and lights on trees, it's after that. I'm ce...
Did I mention that my Shaggy is precioussss? Yes, I'm living with my very own Gollum / Smeagol at my house. He is pretty dead on w...
A great new blogger I found, (which is to say my discovery (which is not to say I "discovered" her in some "I'm ready for...
"I'd rather be right than popular." Somewhat the words of George W. Bush. "I'd rather be alone for the right reaso...