|Susan Lucci, |
Emmy Award winner
Of course, neither is she...
Lucci, long a bridesmaid in the emmy categories for all that is / was daytime television, won in 1999 after 18 previous nominations came up empty. 10 years prior she took home a much smaller Soap Opera Digest award. She also took home a People's Choice award in 1992, but neither is of the prestige that an Emmy brings.
Good Youngman Brown has awarded me the Liebster Blog award that he received from CrackYouWhip.The spirit of the award appears to be honoring blogs with under 200 Followers, so in a way this is my Soap Opera Digest on the way to a Bloggie! I will take it. It is an honor with all the other writers out there to be chosen for the award. I am still a relative blogging newb, so an award like this will certainly keep me from being abused on SNL by cast and crew walking around with their own blogging greatness statuette, right?
In the words of Will Smith's character Edwards from Men in Black,
"Alright, I'm in. Cause there's some next level sheehoddy going on and I'm OK with that. But before y'all go beaming me up there's one thing you gotta remember. You chose me... so you recognized the skills, so I don't want nobody calling me son or kid or sport or nothing like that, cool?"
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award.
Good Youngman Brown is a blog I recently started reading and I enjoy immensely. His wit is so devilishly close to mine that I get all his subtlety and he gets mine. As I am writing, I often think of Good Youngman Brown when I write something particularly clever or subtle. I thank him for seeing a glimmer of potential in me and awarding me his Liebster. I imagine if and when we become close buds, he will allow me into the elusive company of individuals who get to call him simply 'Good.'
2. Pick 5 deserving people and notify them on their blogs
1. Lainey's Life Lessons is a long time reader whose inner voice had to escape. She offers up her life lessons with a good bit of insight as well as humor. Catch her on her way up to super blogdom.
2. Fearless Fibro Warrior is insane, in a good way. Fighting her way through the pain just isn't her style, she's taking that pain for a ride with a smile on her face. Her blogs always have me laughing.
3. Just Keepin' It Real is another relative newbie on the blog scene and she has already been recognized with one award and I can't wait to exchange fake Hollywood kisses with her when I give her the Liebster...wow, that sounded a little dirty. She lets it fly with each and every post.
4. Susan Says is nothing like Simon says... She is way better Brooklyn style. This is a woman who has hatched and fledged two boys, so she ain't takin' grief from the world. She always has an interesting perspective that makes even the nuttiest of us feel like we belong.
5. Jay's Ramblings is the best blog by a dude on this list, which is like me being the best Dad my kids have. Just because I'm the only one doesn't take anything away from it. Jay is my brother from another mother. We think alike in so many ways that often my ideas are augmented by something witty that he says. His ramblings are often a dialog between the voices in his head, but in a good, very clever and blow soda out your nose funny kind of way.
3. Post the award on your blog and spread the love.